Friday 21 November 2008

Progress Review

Ok, well lately I've been getting into the habit of just posting screenshots of my days work, reflecting on it, and not paying much attention to how the project is going as a whole. So I'm going to firstly list the things I still need to do asap, and then can refer to the list each day:

Model:
-Stair architecture, balcony floor, globe on statue, swirl at end of bannister, dupe other arm of statue, import front door (daves), make pic frames doors and stairs flush with walls, wall struts (optional)

Texture:
-Plants, pillars, door knobs, doors, grouting in tiles, statue plimpth

Lighting:
Done.

Animating:
- Camera movements - playblasts, then finals
- Character animation
- Globe and floor animation

Render:
- We have decided to render 4 layers - ambient occlusion, shadows, environment, and character. Should speed up time and give a better sense of depth and pro look to our film.

Composite

- Tweak layers in after effects, add sound, and add MTV titles etc.


So yeah, their my objectives for the next 3 weeks, and they sound impossible but most of my texturing can be done quickly, my lighting is done, the only time consuming parts are the extra models and animating. Sound is done, and rendering should be easier now with our 4 layers decided on and Rob's help. I am confident we are going to pull off not only a really nice environment but a successful short film. I wanted to achieve a funny film with character interaction rather than a boring camera flythrough. You never know MTV might want to purchase a whole series of our crib shorts (which I would decline btw due to the amount of stress its taking to make 1!)

I have set out a new set of deadlines which I think is now more appropriate than our original:

Nov 22nd -23rd - This weekend - phil - background painting, dave - rigging, me storyboard.

Nov 24th - Me + phil - Texturing, Dave - rigging

Nov 25th - texture, light, model final things - Dave hand over fully rigged chracter (MUST)

Nov 26th - 28th - All finish texturing, lighting and modelling scene ( dave - front door)

Dec 1st - 5th -Animate camera sequences and shots. Animate any character animation needed. In Daves case if your camera sequence is animated, then start to render. (a week doesn't sound long to animate the character but remember we are only doing simple poses with him, and expressions, no need to go into over detail, he will only be seen 3 times, and each time is pretty simple stuff)

Dec 8th - 12th - Render, composite final film.


I think we can pull off these deadlines if we work hard enough for these last 3 weeks, I will post the deadlines up on DDP blog.

Other than CVA201, Maquette making was very enjoyable however I had to miss a session because time was against me for this project. PPD I don't really understand the point of but am trying my best to update and follow through with this group work thing. Case study is going really well - had my formative with Dan and he was pleased with my progress. I am going to sacrafice today to finish my case study for mondays deadline rather than go in to continue with the project.

No comments: