Wednesday 12 November 2008

Bad day

Today I had a really bad day on maya. As a group we're stumped on how we are going to texture our environment - therefore I couldn't progress with the stairs. We need a talk with Jared tommorow as we are thinking of using simple colours as our textures, because of our cartoony and simple style. I know this isn't great practice in texturing and mapping but sticking in realistic textures like stone on walls etc. ruins the whole thing. Alec helped me try and make a fine grain cartoon texture with a sort of noise affect texture. Which came out ok...














From afar it has the slightly detailed, yet simplistic effect. Not bad, and I learnt a bit about bump mapping and repeating UV's too. I think we are going to try and achieve the sort of texturing used in films like Oktapi, and Horton Hears a Who. I Then I attempted pic frames - failed, wasn't in the mood. Finally I imported the character to test out focal lenses etc. and discovered I had modelled him in centimetres! So then had to spend a while scaling him up into metres. Then was peed off so went home. I am a bit worried about the progress I'm making with the foyer, and how we're going to texture our whole thing. The only concelation from today was that phil managed to create some really nice water for the swimming pool. Hope tommorows a good day....

No comments: