Monday 10 November 2008

Character Modelling....

Began modelling our character today which was a bigger task than I had expected. Very time consuming as i had to make sure the edge flow and wireframe was neat and tidy so as not to deform when dave rigs it. It "should" be OK as I've kept it very simple and labelled everything in my scene for him. I am quite pleased with it so far, however work still needs to be done on the mouth, feet and zip. As well as this I need to play around with texturing. However I am very happy with the orange and purple textures I created with the ramp shader. Not so much the lip and zip textures - must redo. He has been lit quite poorly aswell as accidently saving the renders as BMP's so bad quality. Good start none the less, and hopefully should have finished for Dave tommorow lunchtime.

2 comments:

Dave said...

looks incredible man. I love the ramp shader effect. cheers for labelling everything as well, should make things easier

Dan Edgley said...

cheers mate. Yeahhhhh i'm kinda happy with it so far. Needs more work b4 I wana hand it over to you - such as add feet, model the teeth (yes i've decided he needs them, it looks too plain and wierd without them!), re touch the texture on zip. Make the eyes white. Ermmmmm, maybe a staff with a diamond on, as he's lacking richness. And finally light him a bit better. Anyway I can do all these tweaks 2m0, gnna allow myself 1 more day - so shud b all yours by end of 2m0. He's nearly with us lol