Friday 28 November 2008

Animatic and Importing Character

Animatic

I have spent yesterday and today working on my MTV camera sequences. I had to create a number of different cameras to achieve the different shots I required. I was constantly referring to my original storyboard as well as MTV crib episodes on youtube to help me maintain the right look and feel. As pointed out by Jared, if I do not replicate MTV's shoddy fast camera sequences correctly it will look more like I am just really bad and ameturish at animating camera movements. I have to get that distinct balance between slik fast paced shots and juddery hand held movement which MTV is so well known for. The MTV logo and titles will be constantly in the frame throughout the film to keep the audience reminded they are watching an episode of cribs. However I would like to be able to re create their camera work so accurately that the film can be instantly recognized as a cribs episode simply by the camera movement. I used a total of about 7 cameras (all labelled) for the different shots. In some cases to achieve the fisheye sort of views I had to not only key frame the translate and rotate attributes but the focul length and aspect ratio itself. It was quite straight forward but took some time to get just right. I found it much easier to use the perspective view to manually rotate the cameras rather than try moving whilst in the cameras view. I had to use the graph editor to add smoothness between frames (spline), and similarly change the fast paced directional shots to direct movement (linear). I added slight juddery movements to emphasise the hand held style - this was done simply by rotating left and right ever so slightly. I am really pleased with the camera work so far. I have put my shots together in a quick playblast animatic using Adobe premier to put my individual cam blasts together. Hope you like guys, please comment and let me know any shots you'd like added or existing ones changed.....




Importing the character

Dont even get me started - Appointment to be booked with Alex hulse.

No comments: